Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Happy to be Homeless!

I am now officially homeless in Ecuador!

I moved out of the house, in which I was living with an Ecuadorian woman, on November 30th. During the month and a half beginning December 1st, I may only be in Quito for 5 daystomorrow being the fifth). It isn´t worth paying December and January´s rent while I will be traveling so much! That is one of the many reasons I moved out. Details need not be posted online...

This week I am working with a Global Village team building in Santo Domingo. For most of the week I will be with them, however I had to come to Quito yesterday to get an extension stamp in my passport today (which ultimately did not happen... another buracratic story, coming to a local blog soon). I hope to return to Santo Domingo tomorrow if all goes well.

Next week I will be with a team building in Guayaquil. This will be my first trip to Guayaquil, Ecuador´s biggest city, and I am pretty excited for it!

Between the 20th and 28th I contemplating a few options for travel. Galápagos are a possibility, going to Colombia with a co-worker I believe has ceased to be an option.

December 28th James comes to visit and we plan to check out some coastal locations and activities and bring in the new year!

After James´ visit I will working with another Global Village group in Guayaquil. Finnally, I hope to return to Quito in mid-January, at which point I believe I will stay long-term in the hostel where I am staying now, Casa Bambu! Casa Bambu has some beautiful terraces overlooking the city and plenty of hammocks to relax in; also, there are two kitchens, a movie room, free internet, and friendly people. I am so relieved to be here!

No comments: