Thursday, August 31, 2006

Moving to Quito, Ecuador!

An Introduction to My Adventure

Next week I'm moving ...






(a happy and sad face during my last day at work).






from Santa Fe, New Mexico


to Ecuador.

I will be living in the capital city, Quito, and volunteering for Habitat for Humanity International as a "Volunteer Coordinator." I'll be the first "long term" volunteer (longer than a few weeks) for the national organization in Ecuador. See my links (right) for Habitat for Humanity International's website and related sources.


My original plan was to volunteer for 10-11 months, returning next summer in July or August. Due to some Visa complications, the time period may change. (see my next blog entry for why these plans may be changing).

Whatever happens, the setting of my adventure will be particularly interesting due to its geography, politics, and current social movements.

I will use this blog to share my experiences relating to volunteering with an international non-profit, exploring all Ecuador has to offer, and thoughts on the local culture and politics.

Please ask about anything which inspires questions, or if there is anything I neglect in my posts!

No comments: